Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm finally tan!

Hello finally from australia! I feel like I have already been here for. Long time. Let's see my flight went superb for being my first international flight. Got caught up on Harry potter and slept. Oh and didn't get carded for a glass of free wine. Helped me fall asleep : ) flying into new Zealand was incredible so lush and green. When I finally landed into Melbourne I couldn't. Believe the hundreds of people from all over the world going thru customs. Thank goodness my bags both arrived one behind the other. I have been getting used to the temp in celsius. I am getting really good and multiplying by 2 and adding 32. So basically the 30's and 40's is the 90's and 100 degrees. So let's just say its summer! For new years eve we had a lovely barbeque and I must say its so nice sitting outside on the porch listening to all the new sounds. We went down to docklands which is a really long pier with lots of bars restaurants apartments and really big yachts. They had a kids show with Dora the explorer and at 930 the fireworks went off. I must say that they were the best fireworks I have seen in a long time. It was so fun to see all the people gather together to celebrate a new year and new beginnings. I slept like a rock that night. My head hit the pillow and I was out. Tody we went to a beach about 45 minutes west. It was a beautiful drive as I think it kinda reminds me of the California coast. There are no waves since its a bay and it was so nice to relax and play in the water. There were several boats coming in and out of the docks many pulling tubes behind. It would not have been a day at the beach if I didn't get sunburned. Mom and Ada you would be proud that my shoulders face or legs did not get sunburned but yet my feet and little parts of my back are fried. But hey I haven't been in the sun for a while and I must say it felt amazing. So far I have had a wonderful time getting to know mark carol and the girls. They are such and amazing family and I could not have asked God for anyone better. We have had great conversations about almost everything. I haven't felt this comfortable with people who I really have never met. Annabel is already attached to me and doesn't cry or show that she doesn't want me to hold her. Thank you God for making that easy since I'll be spending most of my time with her. Alicia is full of energy and loves to play. We have already made jewelry and cooked. Tomorrow she is gunna bike we I run and she is showing me the duck pond that is just down the path behind their house. Carol and I have lots in common. We both do not like to drink our calories and we bothe have a huge sweet tooth. She is an amazing cook and I can't wait to learn her recipes and show her mine. Mark is a wonderful dad and has many amazing stories about all the places he has been when he was in the British army. Ironically one of his favorite places was park city Utah! I already feel part of the family and they have done so much for me to make me feel at home.

I realized that everyone in the world had one thing in common. We all want an adventure out of life. To experience a life changing moment. Wether it's alone, with a loved one or with you're family and friends we all want to obtain a wonderful memory and experience. I know this is my adventure. I know God has put me exactly where he wants me to change me and others who he brings into my life. I read the Book kisses from Katie which everyone needs to read. She talks so much about how she always has to rely on God to get her thru each day. As lonely as I'll be somedays and miss my comfortable life back home I have to keep reminding me and relying on God that he is always with me and has a direction for my life. There is a reason I am where I am at this time and moment in my life. I know my relationship is going to grow so much in these next 6 months and I will have to rely on him even more then I ever have for guidance. I want to experience his creation and his beauties.

Some fun tidbits I have learned:
Diapers are called napies
Women do not get married young. Carol told me that in her kinder group for Alicia she was the youngest there and she was 32 years old. It's so interesting to me that people wait so long to get married and have children. I could never imagine having young kids near to my 40'. I feel like in America there is such a rush to get married and start a family hence why there is such a high divorce rate.
People have holiday houses along the beach. And when I say holiday house I mean little one room shack right on the sand. Apparently they can go for 20,000$$ which I couldn't imagine who would pay that. Most are passed down from family to family.
Brand name Shampoo and conditioner is 15$ for a regular size but the organic is wayyyy cheaper.

I am loving every minute of this new life. Yet I still have to fully unpack. Mom you were right I did pack wayyy to much. And it's a good thing I left my blow dryer because they have different outlets here! I can't wait to go and explore more and meet new friends. Mark and carol are going to take me to a winery which I can't wait for and which I love that I won't be carded!
As for now I hope everyone had a wonderful new years and hope that 2012 is full of laughter and experiences with lasting memories. may God fill your hearts with love and compassion.

E

Ps. I'll post pictures as soon as I get an adapter for my computer. I'm currently on carols iPad. Let me just say the trees are green, wage ocean is crystal blue and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear everything is going great! Can not wait to follow you on your adventure. Post some pics soon

    ReplyDelete