Monday, February 20, 2012

Lasting Friendships.

Heyyy. hope everyone had a wonderful valentines day and spent it with someone they love!! I had such a wonderful day, couldn't of imagined it any different!! I made a delicious butternut squash stuffed cannelloni with béchamel sauce and let me just say it was delicious not that im bragging or anything! Then we went out for dessert to... the pancake parlor and had some dessert pancakes, which is a first for me. They were so nummy as I had a banana walnut pancake with vanilla ice cream on top. Alicia had one with chocolate ice cream and lots of sprinkles! It was such a wonderful day and I truly love this family. Alicia started ballet this last week & I had so much fun watching her and all the other little girls tippy toe around and twirl : )

Thursday night I went out with my friend Corinna to this delicious asian fusion place downtown. We had a wonderful meal and a great night talking and laughing. After we went and got some tasty gelato and I must say its my favorite dessert : )
Saturday was Corinnas last day in Melbourne so we met up downtown and I took her to my favorite Italian restaurant, one that I have been to before and mentioned in an earlier blog. She had the cannelloni that I had my first time and I had a delicious pesto mascarpone ravioli. Honestly we both licked our plates clean. After finishing our wine and sharing 2 desserts : ) we headed down to St. Kilda which is where the beach is. We sat outside of a fun bar/restaurant and enjoyed the beautiful water while sipping another glass of wine! I can say that I am falling more and more in love with this city and being down by the water was just so relaxing as there were not as many people out. After we took the tram back to the city and danced rest of the night away at spice market (our favorite club). It was the perfect night and she said it was the perfect send off. I am truly going to miss her so much as we spend lots of time & memories together here. I wish her all the best as she travels the east coast for 5 weeks before she heads back home to Germany. I know we will keep in touch as God brought her into my life for a reason. I am crossing my fingers to go to Germany next year for Oktoberfest & spend it with her : ) I think about all the people God is bringing into my life and see who he is going to keep in my life.


Sunday Mark, Carol the girls and I went to the Healsville Sanctuary which was an hour drive from us. We first stopped at a beautiful vineyard where they had a farmers market. It was such a beautiful place to be as its in the Yarra Valley which is full of grape trees that run for miles and miles. I was speechless at the view and I would love to get married there : ) We tried some samples of tasty jams & chutneys and plenty other goodies. It makes me so excited to get back there when my parents come as we are going to do a wine tour of 4-5 different vineyards! We then made our way to the sanctuary which was packed full of people. This is a zoo that has only australian animals. We saw koalas, emus, kangaroos, wallabys, flying foxes, birds & tasmanian devils. We saw a reptile show which I was not to fond of since they are not my favorite! We also saw a bird show that was amazing. The birds were beautiful full of color. They had an aborigonal man after that showed how to throw a boomerang. He picked me out of the crowd saying if I took him on a date he would give me one but I told him that Ill pick the place and he can pay... so therefore he gave it to a little kid ; ( would have been cool to get a handmade boomerang but oh well! It was so much fun to see all the animals that I have never seen in person before. It was such a fun day and such a beautiful drive back home. 
Me and My aboriginal boyfriend

cant remember what this is called but it makes sweet music

Yarra Valley. Yearling Vineyard

I would say that this week I was not myself. I have not been filled with the joy that I have been the first 2 months. Its not that I am sad and not liking what I am doing I just think im realizing so many things that matter to me and its kind of made me just think so much about what I want in my life. I cried so much at the most random things such as when I was watching The Ellen DeGeneras show she gave $50,000 to a marine family and I teared up, cried when I saw a commercial of a mom and daughter out to eat (makes me miss you mom) and also when watching a tv show a couple was getting married. I even teared up when I was reading about Jesus crucifixion in the bible. Just so many things are making me emotional (maybe its just pms) I keep reading over and over again that God is always by my side and he is continually guiding me and showing me his love. This gives me so much strength each day. 

I can't believe I have already been here for 2 months! It has flown by and I know that these next 4 months will go by even faster. In a couple weeks I am flying to Sydney to see my friend from high school who just arrived there today. I cant wait to see a familiar face and explore the city together! I am also hoping to go to Byron bay in May since Ill only be going to Cairns when my parents come in July. 

Well hope everyone has a wonderful week & if you think about it pray that ill find my joy again as I know I am just going through a phase! 
Love,
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment