Sunday, January 15, 2012

Change brings Change.

its been one week since my last blog and let me say it was a wonderful crazy fast week at that. It was my first week of work which I was so ready to be in routine and let me say its been perfect. I spend tuesday thru friday with the girls and let me say we have lots of fun. Our days consist of several dance parties, many books, walks, crafts and laughs. I am falling so in love with these girls  and creating a beautiful relationship that I know will last forever. I pray that I will make a difference in their life since they are making one in mine. The weather was cold and rainy so we were not able to do much and since I didnt have a car we had to stay close. There are little shops just up the street where we went one day and got a milkshake and Alicia picked a red gerbera daisy for her parents from the local florist (where I left my phone number if they need help crossing my fingers I could pick up hours on the weekend) We went to 3 different parks when the sun decided to join us in the afternoon where we went down slides, swung and titer-tottered. Annabel LOVES the swings and going down the slides, she gets the biggest smile that is so precious. Alicia has 2 favorite songs that we dance to everyday, Single ladies by Beyonce and I got a feeling by black eyed peas. Let me say that I have gotten past not liking these songs and am just used to listening to them!



Friday I finally had a girls night and got out to explore downtown at night. I was with 3 other Au Pairs who are from all different places. Germany, Italy and France and of course me the American : ) We went to a bar/club that was super cool but I realized that it is not my scene. We met very nice guys who were australian and they walked with us downtown and even brought me home which was SO nice of them. It was crazy to see so many people out at night. The streets filled with people from all over the world. Very good people watching as there were so many interesting outfits. We went to the "english bar" where they had a live cover band which was fun to dance since I do love to dance. My feet hurt bad as I will never wear 5 inch heels again when I go downtown. But that wont be to often. Saturday I went downtown with 2 French girls I have met and it was the most lovely day. We walked all over the place exploring even more then I did on my own last saturday. We went to the Melbourne park which is where the Australian Open is being held right now. We watched a match and walked around the grounds which were crazy busy already. There was a concert in the Fitzroy gardens which we went to for about an hour. Reminded me of concert in the park in Park City where everyone comes with a bottle of wine and dinner while catching up. We ate dinner at this little italian restaurant that was literally a hole in the wall but the most delicious food I have eaten. Homemade pasta really makes a delicious dish. I know I will be back there several times to try their whole menu. Mom and dad get excited cause I am taking you there : ) After one of the girls wanted to go to the skydeck which is at the top of the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. Pictures were good enough for me : ) It was such a wonderful day spending it with others walking around and learning about life in Europe. I have learned so much already about different cultures and customs. I love that I have met so many people from Europe which I know we will keep in touch and if I ever get around to going to Europe I will have friends to catch up and travel with.


Yesterday we were invited to a bbq at a neighbors down the street. It is one of Alicia's friends and I must say I miss being 5 years old sometimes. Nothing to worry about and so much imagination.

Change brings Change is my lesson for this week as I am in a new place and I have already experienced so much change in my life. God has really changed me in so many ways in such little time. I am realizing that who I share my time with is really a reflection of who I am. I know the importance of surrounding myself with people who love the God I love and who share a similar passion and lifestyle that I am so desperately trying to live. As much as I love to have a good time and go out it doesn't bring me satisfaction and I keep going back to my old ways which I have no desire to. I am praying that I meet a good group of friends when I go to church next week who will be a positive influence in my time here. I am praying that God will bring me a group of friends who will be my heart and soul and will be there for me during my difficult times since we will always have them in life.
I know that right now this is exactly where I am supposed to be in my life. I love this feeling of comfort knowing God has me here for a reason and that he is putting so much on my heart to think about.

I have no clue where he will take me after these next 6 wonderful months but I trust him completely because I would have never imagined that I would be where I am right now. I am so thankful for everything he has provided for me and most thankful for giving me the family I am with right now. It makes this experience that much more enjoyable knowing that I will have these 4 wonderful people in my life forever.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week full of laughter joy & memories.
May God start a change in your life as it is the most wonderful feeling knowing he is always with us everyday.

with love,

E

ps. I am learning to drive a manual car. tonight I will have my 2nd lesson so hopefully tomorrow I can bring the girls to the pool since it is supposed to be hot and sunny. let just hope i don't crash wahh : )

No comments:

Post a Comment