Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Australia Day.

Happy Australia Day (1/26)

It was a fun week as the sun was out and everyday was hot! I went to church on Sunday night and felt so happy that I found a place where I was surrounded by other believers. Right away a girl came up to me and started talking. I got introduced to a couple other people which made me so thankful knowing that God brought me there. I am excited to go tomorrow night as its at a park!
The girls got a little kid pool for the house and might I say they have been loving it. We put it at the bottom of a slide they have and I can not express to you how entertained they are just splashing in the pool. It makes me smile seeing how much fun they have in the water. Alicia starts school next friday so she went and got all her school supplies and has been counting down the days! She is so excited to see her friends. She also starts gymnastics on monday which will be so much fun to go and watch her tumble and jump. Annabel and I spent friday just the 2 of us and I must say it was very nice to have just her for the day. We went on a long walk in the morning, played and giggled and enjoyed the sun! We are working on saying "Done" when she is finished eating and she has said it a couple times and of course I praise her when she does! I cant believe how much she knows only being 1.


Thursday was Australia day and I saw SO much and met so many people! Me and some other Au Pairs went to the parade downtown which I was blown away by so many different ethnic clubs or groups. I saw so much of the world in just that parade. Lebanese, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Tibetan, Thai, Afghanistan and so many more oh and even a star wars dress up club : ) We then wandered down to the woodchopping competition which was So much fun and crazy to think of how people get involved in those things that you don't hear to much of. There were young guys and even older grey haired men chopping this huge block of wood. After we went to the Docklands which was where I went for the fireworks NYE. There was a woman who was doing a beautiful chalk picture on the sidewalk. Let me say that God gives that talent to certain people cause I could never do that. We ventured to the Botanic gardens where they have a music stage called the Meyer Music Bowl. We saw irish dancers which made me want to visit Ireland because of the music. All those dancers must have crazy calf and thigh muscles cause all they do is jump up and down while their curly wigs bounce with their every jump! After a Irish band sang which they did an Irish rap! very interesting and not going to lie I couldn't really understand a thing he said. 




We then ventured down to St. Kilda beach which was PACKED with people. Everyone was drinking and having a picnic enjoying the warm weather and celebrating. It was a place where everyone in their 20's and 30's were but scattered around were a few kids with their parents. It is the closest beach to the city. Makes me miss the beaches in so cal. After spending some time there we went and met up with some other people and went to a bbq which we were to late to even eat cause all the food was gone. Played a few games and went back downtown to catch the fireworks which were set off from on top of the Eureka tower which again is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. It was a fun night walking around seeing everyone out celebrating. It reminded me SO much of the 4th of july, well basically its the same thing. I do love that in America there are fireworks everywhere and most the time you go to a cabin or a lake and hang out.




With everything that God has been putting on my heart and I am listening to him intently as to what he wants me to do after my adventure here I know he is calling me to move back to America and start a life and community. I do miss so much working with flowers and being in my passion field. I am not sure which state I will move back to but its looking like Minnesota will be it. God has shown me where he wants me to work in his church and I am so thrilled and excited to start serving him there. He has given me a desire to be a mentor and small group leader for high school aged girls. Outside of family and friends I never had a mentor and I think if I did things would have turned out a little bit different. I want to be that person for a group of girls who are comfortable talking with me and I want to make a difference in someone's life and not have them go through what I went through. I have been praying that he will prepare those girls hearts and mine when the time comes. As excited as I am to start my life again back home I am still looking forward to the next 5 months here and learning and discovering everything Australia has to offer.

My parents are coming in July and we are going to travel for 2 weeks which I have never been more excited to see them in my life. I am ready for the experiences and memories that we will share!

Loving the warm sun and experiencing Gods beauty through beautiful people who he is putting in my life.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment